Former governor of Kano State and the leader of the Kwankwasiyya movement, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has declared that the creation of five emirate councils by the immediate past administration in the state would be “definitely be revisited.”
The move for the removal of the five first class monarchs, including the two sons of the late emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero, has dominated public discourse in the state since the verdict of the Supreme Court on the governorship election.
Although the ruling New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) has been silent on the matter, the presidential candidate of the party insisted that the dethronement of the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Muhammadu Sanusi II, was carried out in bad blood.
Kwankwaso in an interactive session with select broadcast media last Thursday evening said the NNPP government would definitely revisit the entire matter for the purpose of correcting the wrongs.
Kwankwaso said: “Honestly, it is one of the things that nobody has sat with me to discuss so far but I am sure we are going to sit and see how to go about it. Is it going to be allowed, demolished, corrected or whatever? It will be revisited; what’s supposed to be done will be done.
“There were a lot of things and this was a trap. All these things were not done in good faith or intention. It was brought with some bad intentions, which every one of you here and our listeners are aware of.
“Sometimes you come with things that are good and they turn out to be bad while sometimes you bring things that are bad and they turn out to be good. So, all I know is that I was not consulted as of now but definitely we will come to discuss and see what should be done,” Kwankwaso said.
Recall that immediate past governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, had split the Kano emirate into five after he dethroned the 14th Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II.
Read Similar Posts:
- BREAKING: Kano government appoints new Emir, gives reason for Emir Sanusi’s sack
- Query: Emir Sanusi replies Kano govt
- Police, DSS Lay Siege On Kano Emir Muhammadu Sanusi’s Palace
- Kwankwaso urges voters to support NNPP in 2027, says PDP is dead in Nigeria
- Despite Dangote, Fayemi’s intervention, Kano government still after Emir Sanusi