Report has it that Morocco won’t be hosting the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations after Cameroon was stripped of the tournament.
This was confirmed by Morocco’s sports minister Rachid Talbi Alami on Wednesday meanwhile Egypt has shown interest in hosting the finals.
According to Alami “Morocco does not intend to run for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations and will not do so,” he told AFP.
It can be noted that Morocco and South Africa had been seen as the frontline contenders to host the competition which is due to start on June 15.
Meanwhile Egyptian sport minister, Ashraf Sobhi said “Egypt is able to organize the competition and we would be proud to do so.
Since the expansion format from 16 countries by CAF, the 2019 Cup of Nations will be the first to feature 24 teams.
Read Similar Posts:
- Nigeria’s Flying Eagles Face Tougher U-20 AFCON challenge as Egypt now Hosts
- Nigeria drops two points in FIFA ranking now 45, 3rd in Africa
- Bafana Bafana likely to face Nigeria, Cameroon for the 2019 Africa cup of Nations
- FIFA global rankings: Nigeria makes top five in Africa
- CAF sets date for AFCON 2025 draw in South Africa