Former secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, says candidate will be voted based on merit during the election by voters.
According to Babachir, unlike the 2015 election when one party was voted; voters are now more decisive and would only elect people with credible records. This he said while speaking with reporters in Yola, the capital of Adamawa state, on Wednesday.
He said the country could only move forward if credible people were elected as leaders, stating that no elected leader would be allowed to ride to power on Buhari’s “credible outing”.
He made his regret known by stating that the “one way” voting for the All Progressives Congress (APC) supporters threw up “many incredible candidates” but said such would not happen in 2019.
He said, “In 2015, voters were asked to vote APC in all elections. That gave the party a massive momentum and all its candidates were returned elected.
“The situation will be different in 2019. Many governors and senators have not performed. They have not replicated President Muhammadu Buhari’s performance. Such people will be voted out.”
Read Similar Posts:
- Buhari to voters: keep up enthusiasm during supplementary elections
- CAN interrogates presidential candidates, says 2019 election is not a do or die affair
- INEC vows to conduct free, fair gov rerun in Kano
- Observer hails INEC, security agencies’ preparedness for guber polls
- Fayemi advises Afenifere on restructuring