Appeal court affirms jail term of ex-deputy chief registrar
Justice O. M. Olagunju of the Court of Appeal, Ibadan, Judicial Division has recently affirmed the decision of the Oyo State High Court, Ibadan that sentenced a former Deputy Chief Registrar of the Oyo State High Court, Mutiat Omobola Adio to seven years Imprisonment.
Adio was convicted on for collecting the sum of N9, 200, 000 (Nine Million Two Hundred Thousand Naira) from her victim as proceeds from the sale of a property located at Plot 10, Block XXIV, Bashorun Estate, Ibadan, but failed to provide the title documents of the property to the buyer.
It was gathered that all efforts made by the victim to either recover the money or have possession of the property yielded no result.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, had in May, 2018, secured the conviction of Mutiat Adio.
In affirming the sentence, the appellate court dismissed the appeal of the ex- Deputy Registrar and upheld the judgment of the lower court which convicted and sentenced the former Deputy Chief Registrar of the Oyo State High Court to a seven-year jail term.
Read Similar Posts:
- Kuje correctional center ordered to release Kalu
- Sealed: Supreme Court insists ex-governor must serve 12-year jail term
- Ex-NIMASA D-G jailed seven years for fraud
- Pell, cardinal jailed for sex abuse won’t seek reduced sentence – Report
- N20.5M fraud: Businesswoman bags six months community service, forfeits properties