Boko Haram insurgents have attacked the convoy of Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, along a major road in the central part of the state while his team was on a campaign tour.
Security sources at the Government House said the Insurgents ambushed some vehicles on the campaign convoy of the Governor on Wednesday morning along the volatile Dikwa-Gamboru/Ngala road.
“Boko Haram ambushed the Governor’s convoy along Dikwa-Gamboru road,” a source told our correspondent at the Government House. The Vehicles affected were those at the rear of the long convoy, the sources said although no official confirmation has been given.
Some Civilian JTF members might have been killed in the ambush with a few injured.
The governor departed Maiduguri, the state capital on Tuesday afternoon for the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaigns in the central part of the state ahead of Saturday’s presidential election.
Read Similar Posts:
- Shettima mourns, condoles victims of Boko Haram ambush on convoy
- Army moves to stifle Boko Haram economy
- Army stops Boko Haram attack on theatre commander’s convoy
- Boko Haram reportedly attacked Military Base, take control of Baga
- My govt will sustain palliative distribution to B/Haram victims – Gov Zulum