Imo speaker, seven lawmakers trash PDP for APC
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Imo state House of Assembly is now the majority in the house with the defection of the Speaker, Collins Chiji and seven other lawmakers from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the APC.
The lawmakers dumped the PDP for APC during a plenary that lasted for less than 20 minutes on Tuesday.
This development comes barely a month after the former governor of the state, PDP’s Emeka Ihedioha, was ousted by Supreme Court.
Other lawmakers who defected apart from Chiji were Uche Ogbuagu (Ikeduru), Dominic Ezerioha (Oru West) Chigozie Nwaneri(Oru East), Kanayo Onyemaechi (Owerri West), Kennedy Ibe (Obowo) Onyemaechi Njoku (Ihitte/Uboma), and Eddy Obinna (Aboh Mbaise).
Read Similar Posts:
- Ihedioha: Supreme Court refuses to reverse its verdict
- Imo 2019 election: Supreme Court sacks Ihedioha, declares Hope Uzodinma winner
- Anxiety in Ondo, heir to Akungba-Akoko throne yet unknown
- Supreme Court dismisses sacked Kwara APC executive appeal
- Court judgement: Ganduje confident of APC victory over Yusuf at Supreme Court