Liverpool reverse Barcelona’s win with a 4:0 win
According to report citing Spanish media outlet ‘El Chiringuito’, Barcelona club captain was held behind by anti-doping official to undergo test at Anfield, moments after Blaugrana were sent packing from the UCL by Liverpool last night.
Barcelona team bus however had to leave for the airport without Messi ahead of their return flight.
It was no doubt a sensational comebacks as the home-side staged a must watch match; reaching the Champions League record books to get to the finals of the tournament for a second successive time.
Divock Origi and Gini Wijnaldum scored a brace each as Liverpool overturned a three-goal deficit from the first-leg to end Barca’s campaign from the UCL.
After a 3-0 win at home, Barcelona came into the reverse semi-final tie at Anfield, as clear favourites to progress to the final.
The 31-year-old Messi was not at his best on the night, despite leading the race for European golden shoe race with 34 goals, and UCL with 12 goals.
Captivatingly, Messi netted a brace in the first leg of semi-finals, but was well checked by Liverpool defenders in the return leg.
Liverpool will now wait for the winner between Ajax and Tottenham for the June 1 UCL final match.
Read Similar Posts:
- Blame Messi for Barca’s defeat, says Ronaldo
- Barcelona to play Arsenal in friendly at NOU camp
- Champions League gets Tough as Man Utd Faces Barcelona & Tottenham to face Man City in Champions League quarter-finals
- Nigeria International scores brace For FC Barcelonia
- UCL qualification: Liverpool under pressure to for a win at Old Trafford