Onuachu’s goals give Trabzonspor’s victory over Konyaspor
Super Eagles striker Paul Onuachu scored a brace for Trabzonspor to help them to a 2-1 victory over Konyaspor in the Turkish Super Lig, Soccernet reports.
The 29-year-old attacker had registered four goals in seven games, and he was looking to increase his tally as he led the line for Trabzonspor. After a goalless first half, the game sparked to life in the second half as Onuachu opened the scoring in the 59th minute.
However, Trabzonspor conceded in the 77th minute as Louka Prip scored the equaliser for Konyaspor.
However, Onuachu was not done. He scored the winning goal for Trabzonspor in the 85th minute. He reacted quickest to a cross from Enis Destan and produced a beautiful scissors-kick which nestled in the net to make it 2-1.
Eventually, Onuachu’s goals were enough to give Trabzonspor the win. The Super Eagles striker now has six goals in eight games for Trabzonspor.
The club now sit third on the Super Lig table with 22 points after twelve games.
Read Similar Posts:
- Eagles round off AFCON qualifiers beat Seychelles 3-1
- I’m prepared to matchup with Akanji ahead of Man City vs Nott’m Forest clash – Awoniyi
- Europa league: Solskjaer undisturbed by Rashford’s profligate finishing
- Leicester City: Iheanacho and Ndidi’s goals makes goal of the month award
- Okala commends Super Eagles 2019 AFCON outing