Super Eagles Striker, Boniface Nominated For Goal Of The Week
Super Eagles striker, Victor Okoh Boniface, was awarded the Europa League top-scorer award before Bayer 04 Leverkusen kicked off against Qarabag FK at the Bay Arena.
Boniface has had his stunning strike against Qarabag FK nominated for the UEFA Europa League goal of the week.
The striker has enjoyed a great start to life in Leverkusen since joining from Union Saint-Gilloise, and is currently averaging over a goal contribution per game since signing for his new side.
Alongside young German sensation, Florian Wirtz, Boniface caused all kinds of trouble for Qarabag’s defenders last night, scoring goals and getting involved in helping his teammates get on the scoresheet.
The Nigerian had several chances to score, but his long range strike was the one that found the back of the net. A quick pass outside of the box by 20-year-old Wirtz found Boniface, who took his time to shoot the ball in the top corner, beyond the goalkeeper’s reach. A truly stunning goal!
Elsewhere, West Ham’s Lucas Pacqueta goal was also nominated in his side’s loss last night. The Brazilian scored a volley from outside the box to equalize for West Ham, before an Angello Ogbona own goal cancelled his leveller.
For Leverkusen, they continued their strong vein of form, remaining solid at both ends of the pitch. With Alonso on the sidelines, Die Werkself are yet to taste a loss in all competitions this season.
Read Similar Posts:
- Leicester City: Iheanacho and Ndidi’s goals makes goal of the month award
- Man Utd registers Ighalo, Fernandes for Europa league
- Arsenal and Unai Emery suffer major double injury blow ahead of Leicester City trip
- Chelsea’s Rob Green announces retirement
- UEFA Champions League final group stage game round up: English Clubs narrowly qualify while Italians are sent packing