2face Idibia frowns at 2020 Revised Budget
Popular Nigerian Music star, Innocent Ujah Idibia a.k.a 2Face has taken to his Twitter handle to buttress his thought on the revised 2020 budget proposal.
According to report, the health and education budgets have been slashed in the 2020 revised budget proposal which has been presented to the National Assembly.
In the revised budget, there is a provision of N27.7b for the renovation of the National Assembly.
In reaction to this, 2face tweeted “If this Naija Budget is The real figures then I must say I’m ashamed ‘Extra’ of my government beyond how I have been ashamed before.
“How can u slash Health and Education and Agriculture spending. Wetin renovation wan do. Smh. I weak. Can’t even shout cos my voice dey fail me.”
Alongside his tweet is that of Singer Banky W who also expressed his disapproval. “At a time when most Nigerians are seriously struggling with being able to afford everything from FOOD to Healthcare, our National Assembly is going to spend N27 BILLION on “renovations”!” Banky said.
However, report has it that the slash by the federal government is as a result of the decline in price of crude oil.
Read Similar Posts:
- Falana advises FG on how to spend recovered looted wealth
- EDITORIAL: The 2020 budget should focus on lifting Nigerians out of poverty
- General Assembly approves $3.07bn budget for UN in 2020
- Civic groups, activists approach court to stop FG from spending N37bn on NASS
- President Muhammadu Buhari signs 2019 National Budget