BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses Atiku’s petition, upholds Buhari’s victory as president
The presidential election petition tribunal has dismissed the petition of the People Democratic Party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar in its entirety as it affirmed the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari as the lawful winner of the February 23, 2019 presidential election.
In its ruling at Appeal Court in Abuja, the tribunal stroke out the PDP’s petitions on Buhari’s certificate qualifications and INEC electronic transmission of election results on servers among others.
The People Democratic Party, PDP and its Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar have challenged the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari and All Progressives Congress, APC at the February 2019 presidential election.
The over 7 hours unanimous rules of the 5 judges have been applauded by President Muhammadu Buhari’s legal team, APC and his various supporters.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC had declared Buhari as the winner of the election after scoring 15,191,847 votes as against Atiku’s 11, 262,978 votes.
Read Similar Posts:
- I got my figures from your server, Atiku tells INEC
- 11.1 million votes recorded in favour of Atiku Abubakar, voided and wasted votes – APC
- Supreme Court quashes Atiku’s appeal challenging Buhari’s election victory
- Buhari, APC close defence at election tribunal
- Atiku scammed, no poll result on server, says INEC