Buhari orders military operations against bandits in Katsina
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered a major military operation against the activities of kidnappers and bandits in his own state, Katsina.
The Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu made this known in a statement he released to the press on Sunday.
Shehu said, a proactive operation by Special Forces is already being deployed to overhaul the existing security arrangement against the criminals.
“The Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, who has been measured in issuing official statements on the oncoming exercise, briefed the President on the plan he intends to flag off shortly”, he added.
There have been criticism and protest by some indigenes of the state over the inability of the president to guarantee peace and security in his own state.
Read Similar Posts:
- Buhari meets security chiefs ahead March 23 supplementary elections
- Buhari holds again security meeting with service chiefs, others
- Buhari summons expanded security meeting
- FG ready to reintegrate 606 rehabilitated Boko Haram fighters – Defence hq
- Policemen killing: Buhari will take decisive action – Presidency