Report has it that Ex-President of United States of America (USA), Bill Clinton, is expected to visit Nigeria a day before the presidential election.
In the course of the visit, Clinton will meet President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Though information about the proposed visits was as at Monday was unclear, diplomatic sources said that Clinton would return to his country the same day.
It was however gathered that Clinton would arrive in the early hours of February 15 before the two candidates would go to their states to cast their votes in the election.
Meanwhile, National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, confirmed the planned visit by Clinton to the country, saying the ex-ruling party is aware.
He said “We are aware; we have nothing to hide. All what we want is credible, fair and acceptable elections. We also don’t want interference from anyone concerning the workings of INEC and the security agents.”
Read Similar Posts:
- Amosun, Okorocha suspended by APC for anti-party activities
- Atiku sets to go to court over presidential results
- Atiku campaigns in Lagos, insists APC can’t be trusted
- PDP elders want party to invoke disciplinary action against Jonathan
- Help us to plead with Tinubu for appointments, ADP, APGA, APP others beg Ganduje