Emir Sanusi in fresh trouble faces investigation panel
Kano State House of Assembly has set up a panel to investigate fresh allegation against the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II.
An individual and a non-governmental organization had petitioned the embattled emir. They accused Sanusi of spearheading violation of culture, tradition and religious tenants of the people of Kano.
The House of Assembly instituted an eight-man penal led by deputy speaker Hamisu Chidere to investigate the allegations and submit their report to the assembly in one week.
The petition comes weeks after the emir accused the Northern leaders of negligence to cases of insecurity and poverty bedeviling the Northern region.
Sanusi has been embattled by the Kano state government over allegations of misappropriation of funds meant for Kano Emirate.
Read Similar Posts:
- BREAKING: Kano government appoints new Emir, gives reason for Emir Sanusi’s sack
- Query: Emir Sanusi replies Kano govt
- Former emir Sanusi finally reacts to dethronement
- Despite Dangote, Fayemi’s intervention, Kano government still after Emir Sanusi
- Kano commission accuses emir Sanusi of N3.4bn fraud, recommends his suspension