Kano emirate controversy: Court adjourns suit against Ganduje
A suit instituted by the Kano Emirate kingmakers against Governor Umar Ganduje and seven others have been adjourned for further hearing by a High Court sitting in Kano on Thursday.
Four Kano Kingmakers, Yusuf Nabahani, Madakin Kano, Abdullahi Sarki Ibrahim , Makama Kano, Bello Abubakar, Sarki Dawakin Mai Tuta and Muktar Adnan, Sarki Bai Kano, had sued the Speaker Kano House of Assembly, Kano State House of Assembly, Governor of Kano State, Attorney General, Tafida Abubakar Ila, Iibrahim A. Gaya, Ibrahim Abubakar II and Aminu Ado Bayero over creation of new Emirates and appointment of Emirs.
The Plaintiffs’ Counsel Lateef Fagbemi ( SAN) and the Defence Counsel, Ibrahim Muktar both agreed on July 16th for continuation of hearing.
The presiding Judge, Justice Ahmed Tijjani Badamosi then adjourned the case till July 16th for further hearing.
Read Similar Posts:
- BREAKING: Kano government appoints new Emir, gives reason for Emir Sanusi’s sack
- Kano emirate: Court orders Ganduje, Sanusi to maintain status quo
- Again court orders Ganduje to maintain status quo on new emirate creation
- Ex-husband drags divorced wife to court for refusing to leave his house
- Ganduje issues appointment letters to new emirates, ignores court order