Okowa Pledges To DO More As Appeal Court Upheld His Victory
Delta State Governor, DR. Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa has vowed to continue building a stronger Delta for all to live.
Dr. Okowa made the pledge after the Appeal Court sitting in Abuja on Friday upheld his re-election in the 2019 General Election.
The Senator in a tweet on his verified account wrote; “Today, the Appeal Court, sitting in Abuja, has upheld our victory in this year’s gubernatorial election.
We praise God for this reaffirmation of our victory in the polls, and pledge to continue to work to build a #StrongerDelta for all our people.
His victory was challenged by the candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Chief Great Ogboru.
The APC candidate and his party are seeking that the decision of the Delta State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal be nullified for a second term as governor of Delta State.
In September, the three-man panel Tribunal led by Justice Suleiman Belgore had dismissed Ogboru’s petition against the return of Okowa.
They held that the petitioner failed to prove the case of irregularities and malpractices claimed in their petition.
Read Similar Posts:
- Supreme Court affirms Ikpeazu, Ishaku, Okowa’s victory
- Ekiti guber election: Olusola-Eleka vows to challenge judgement at supreme court
- Supreme Court validates Oyetola winner of Osun guber election
- Appeal Court certified judgment contradicts rulings, affirms Yusuf duly elected Kano Gov
- UPDATED: Appeal Court affirms Oyetola’s election victory