Police confirm killing of wanted kidnapper, ‘Lucifer’ in Rivers
The Rivers state command of the Nigeria Police Force said its officers have shot dead a notorious kidnapper, Ekweme Brown, popularly known as Lucifer.
Rivers Police Command Spokesman, DSP Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the killing in a statement in Port Harcourt on Tuesday.
Omoni said that Brown was killed during a sting operation launched by the police to apprehend the deceased.
“Ekweme Brown, a.k.a Lucifer, was killed by men of Operation Sting, in a sting operation led by ACP Shem Evans.
“Brown is responsible for all the kidnappings and hijack of commercial buses on the Ndele axis of the East West Road in the state.
Omoni said the police command had declared the deceased wanted following intelligence that fingered him as mastermind of several abductions on the road.
“The most wanted notorious kidnapper is an indigene of Egamini Rundele in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers.
“The entire Rundele community has been thrown into wild jubilation following announcement of his death,” he said.
The police spokesman said the command was currently on the trail of gang members of the deceased suspect.
Read Similar Posts:
- Abducted Rivers oil workers regain freedom
- Rivers police still searching for fugitive Frank Ekpo
- 24 babies, pregnant teens rescued from Nigeria ‘baby factory’
- Ten reportedly killed in Ebira and Bassa-Komu Ethnic dispute
- Delta police nab ring leader of a gang of armed robbers/kidnappers, recover arms