Supreme Court Explains Why Atiku’s Appeal Failed
This was after the Supreme Court explained in details why it decided to upheld the ruling of the Appeal Court who held that Buhari was the winner of the February 23 Presidential Election.
There was no surprise or pandemonium in Friday’s ruling after the apex court had struck out all the charges by Atiku Abubakar and PDP challenging Buhari’s victory.
A seven-man panel lede by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad gave the explanation on its earlier stand on October 30 2019.
Atiku had argued that the results of the election was transmitted electronically and from the transmitted results, he won the election.
Also, he raised the issue of qualification, where he prayed that Buhari was not educationally qualified to contest for the position of president wit his certificate.
In the absence of the CJN, Justice John Okoro read the judgement as Tanko was unavoidably absent from the Friday proceedings.
Read Similar Posts:
- Supreme Court dismisses sacked Kwara APC executive appeal
- Atiku scammed, no poll result on server, says INEC
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses Atiku’s petition, upholds Buhari’s victory as president
- Supreme Court validates Oyetola winner of Osun guber election
- Supreme Court quashes Atiku’s appeal challenging Buhari’s election victory