With the February 16th general election around the corner, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has extended the deadline for the collection of Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) till Monday, February 11, 2019.
The commission’s Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, made the announcement of the extension during a meeting with Resident Electoral Commissioners, REC.
According to him the decision, was taken after the situation reports given by the REC officers on how many PVCs were yet to be collected by voters.
More so, several individuals had earlier on, called for the extension of the deadline for the collection of the PVCs.
Amongst individuals who called out for the extension are the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Rivers state All Progressives Congress (APC) party, the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, and many others.
Read Similar Posts:
- Governorship Election: Over 200,000 PVCs yet to be collected in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Uncollected PVCs by Igbos intentionally planned – Ohanaeze youths allege
- Security operatives arrest man with 2000 PVCs in Edo
- INEC commences deployment of sensitive, non-sensitive materials to states
- Katsina Assembly bye-election to hold on Nov 30 – INEC